Data Analyst & Associate at Elite Hedge Fund
Elite hedge fund seeks new data-oriented members at both junior (0-2 years) and senior (3-5 years) levels to join its growing team. Our client manages billions of dollars of global investments and considers their cutting edge investment process and exceptional people to be their competitive advantage.
The Data Partner is part of a highly motivated, first-rate research team that is responsible for understanding, error-checking, and delivering the data necessary to drive the investment team’s decisions. As a Data Partner, you will serve as a liaison of sorts between the investment and data teams, and you will be charged with defining and building new data concepts.
• Understanding the needs of investment researchers at a deep, detailed level
• Developing proprietary data from a number of existing data sources, including internal databases, existing Excel data sheets, online data tools, etc.
• Finding, investigating, and delivering financial and economic data related to the markets
• Designing and constructing derived data specific to the investment models that the research teams are developing
• Executing data analysis projects related to the process of understanding markets and systematizing investment logic
• Analyzing data sources for potential errors and inconsistencies
• Passion for data and the opportunities it affords
• Strong academic record at a competitive school
• Must be comfortable working with large sets of data
• Intellectual curiosity and an aptitude for problem solving
• Experience with Excel and SQL (not required, but nice to have)
• An interest in finance or related fields, although actual experience is not required
• Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship
• Must be willing to relocate to greater New York City area