Portfolio Associate at Elite Hedge Fund
A Portfolio Associate plays a vital role in the hedge fund’s investment engine. Some associates are responsible for the daily process of constructing our client portfolios and implementing investment ideas produced by our research department, performing analyses to ensure that each client portfolio achieves a desired risk level and remains within client constraints. Other associates will be responsible for all aspects of portfolio oversight and risk management. These associates are responsible for applying our investment principles to the money we manage, and for the continual improvement of our portfolio management approach. This oversight includes designing systematic implementation strategies that embody the investment principles, evaluating the risks in and impact of the risk controls on the current portfolios and identifying and answering complex and open-ended questions about the risks in the portfolios.
The Portfolio Associate will quickly tackle independent project work and see it through to its completion. As he/she gains familiarity with the markets, portfolio building and monitoring, and the firm’s systems, the associate will be expected to contribute observations and ideas on how to improve the management of the firm’s portfolios. In addition, Portfolio Associates, given their unique position at the center of the fund’s investment engine, develop extensive knowledge and understanding of how one of the world’s premier institutional asset management firms thinks about the markets and portfolio management.
• Analyze client portfolio positions and returns across a broad array of asset classes and investment strategies
• Develop a holistic understanding of portfolios based on the global markets
• Contribute to cutting-edge thinking about portfolio construction and monitoring
• Engineering improvements to portfolio construction and monitoring infrastructure
• Understand the mechanics of thousands of securities traded across the world
• A strong academic record from a competitive school
• Outstanding judgment and logic in mission-critical, time sensitive environments; ability to perceive risks and make decisions quickly, often with incomplete information
• Proven success in solving complex problems in an analytical manner
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship
• Must be willing to relocate to greater New York City area